Collins Japanese Dictionary
Requirements: Android 4.1 and up
Collins Japanese Gem Dictionary offers learners extensive and up-to-date coverage of Japanese and English in a compact, portable format. This Japanese dictionary is designed for all levels of language learner, whether at home, at school, or at work. It is the ideal text for anyone who needs a wealth of reliable information in a portable format.
• Collins Japanese Gem Dictionary contains all the everyday words and phrases used in today’s Japanese and English that you will need to know. • An easy-to-use and reliable dictionary.
• A two-way dictionary: Japanese-English and English-Japanese.
• The clear colour layout ensures that you can quickly find the information you need.
• All Japanese words, phrases and translations are shown with their romanized transcription – ideal for beginners.
NEW! With the addition of a convenient Home page, a sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches you can delve right in faster and easier than ever!
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words thanks to a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Intelligent search integrates several tools to match or suggest what you are looking for:
• Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
• An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ (‘*’ or ‘?’) to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
• Use our Voice search when you don’t know how an entry is spelled
• Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary.
• ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
• ‘Recent’ list to easily review looked-up words
• ‘Word of the day’ section to expand your vocabulary daily
• Home screen widget provides random words at a glance
• Split screen support for Android 7 allowing you to use the dictionary simultaneously with other apps
• Complete visual overhaul
• Significantly improved search speed
• New Home view for quick access to the most frequently used functions
• Now Swipe to delete entries from the Favorites and Recent menus
• Ability to recover deleted entries in the Favorites and Recent menus with the new Undo button.
• Favorites now has a ‘Sort by’ function.