Oxford Russian Dictionary
Requirements: Android 4.1+
Version: v9.1.284 Premium
The latest edition of the Oxford Russian Dictionary is an invaluable text for any serious student of Russian, or any Russian native speaker learning English.
– Over 500,000 words, phrases and translations
– Includes hundreds of new words, in both Russian and English
– Extensive treatment of Russian declension and conjugations
– Cultural notes elucidate aspects of Russian life
– Detailed coverage of the latest vocabulary in Russian and English, including business, specialist, and computing terminology
– NEW! With the addition of a convenient Home page, a sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches you can delve right in faster and easier than ever!
This dictionary is completed with extra sections on the pronunciation of Russian and English. The entries are also more accessible for Russian speakers, with the addition of contextualizations on the Russian-English side to help users select the most appropriate translation.
This dictionary draws on the two-billion-word Oxford English Corpus and the unrivaled citation files of the world-renowned Oxford English Dictionary to provide the most accurate and rich descriptive picture of American English ever offered. The Third Edition offers a thoroughly updated text, with revisions throughout and approximately 2,000 new words, phrases, and meanings. Many new words relate to fast-moving areas such as computing, technology, current affairs, and ecology, while others have recently entered the popular lexicon. Usage notes have also been updated in light of the most recent Corpus evidence.
SEARCH TOOLS – effortlessly find words thanks to a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Intelligent search integrates several tools to match or suggest what you are looking for:
– Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
– Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
– An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ (‘*’ or ‘?’) to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
– Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
– Use our ‘Voice search when you don’t know how an entry is spelled
– Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
– Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus
LEARNING TOOLS – engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary.
– ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
– ‘Recent’ list to easily review looked-up words
– ‘Word of the day’ section to expand your vocabulary daily
– Home screen widget provides random words at a glance
– Split screen support for Android 7 allowing you to use dictionary together with other apps
– Fully optimized support for Android 8
– Improved integration of the Look up features for Google apps
– Bug fixes and improvements